When you rent a textbook you are going to pay about 40% less than the retail price of the text. That means you are going to save money right away!
You will have a semester to use the book as you normally would; we only ask that you keep the highlighting and note-taking in the text to a minimum.
You will be asked for credit or debit card information to be kept on file with the bookstore. If you are paying with financial aid, your card will not be charged. This card information will never be shared with anyone. Rest assured that card information entered into the system CANNOT be viewed by any bookstore employee or associate.
A sticker with your name and the due date will be placed over the back barcode each book rented. The due date is typically the Friday after the last week of classes, so that you have enough time to use it for studying. We try to send out rental due date reminders about a week prior to the due date. However, please note that the bookstore is not responsible for reminding you of this date. You may contact us at any time to inquire as to when your materials are due back.
If you are unsure as to whether you would like to rent or purchase a book, we suggest you rent it. if you decide that you would like to own the book you may buyout the text at any point 1 month prior to the due date. To buyout the text you will pay the difference between the purchase price and what you have already paid in a rental fee.
If you are not sure if you rented a book or not please contact the bookstore and we will be able to look up your rented and purchased materials.
As soon as you turn in your rental, it will be updated in our system and you are good to go!
If you are late in returning your rental may be charged a $10 late fee. If the rental text is never returned, the credit or debit card you gave us to keep on file, for this possibility, will be charged the $10 late fee and the replacement cost of the text. The replacement cost is based on the full purchase price of the book. If this charge cannot be processed, you will be billed. If the bill is not paid within 30 days it will be sent to a collection agency and you will not be permitted to rent anymore materials until the balance is paid. Please contact the bookstore if you have any other questions or concerns that were not addressed.
1. I am least 18 years of age.
2. I am entering into a Textbook Rental Agreement with Pfeiffer University Bookstore of my own free will.
3. I will return the rented materials to Pfeiffer University Bookstore before or on the due date. Pfeiffer University Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return date and is not responsible for returns that are lost or damaged in shipping.
4. I understand that the materials rented to me are the property of Pfeiffer University Bookstore.
5. I am fully responsible for the condition of materials rented to me and for payment of fees and replacement costs if rented materials are lost, stolen, or returned in unacceptable condition (water damage, missing pages/materials, spine damage, excessive highlighting or writing, pages ripped out, etc). Pfeiffer University Bookstore will decide what may be considered unacceptable at the time the rented materials are returned.
6. I may return rental materials by mail. However, all items must be postmarked by the rental return deadline and tracking information must be provided to the Pfeiffer University Bookstore. I understand that the Pfeiffer University Bookstore is not responsible for items lost or damaged in shipping, nor are they responsible for the cost of shipping.
7. I allow the Pfeiffer University Bookstore to remind me via email and/or text message of the rental return deadline. However, I understand that Pfeiffer University Bookstore is not responsible for reminding me of the rental return deadline. Lack of notification is not a valid reason for not returning rented materials.
8. LATE RETURN: If I return the rental materials after the rental return deadline, I authorize Pfeiffer University Bookstore to charge the following Late Return Fees: $10 for each week past the rental return deadline until late returns are no longer acceptable.
9. FAILURE TO RETURN: If I fail to return the Rented Materials by Rental Return Due Date, or return them in damaged or unsalable condition, I authorize Pfeiffer University Bookstore to charge the following “Non-return Fees” to my credit card or debit card listed below: (1) Full retail price of the rental item plus (2) a $10 processing fee. Full retail price is based on the price and condition of the book at the time the rental transaction was completed.
I will not cancel or exceed the purchasing limits of the credit or debit card above until the rented textbooks are either returned to Pfeiffer University Bookstore or the Non-return Fees are paid. If the credit or debit card is declined the patron account will be suspended and sent to a Third Party Collection Agency. I will be responsible for paying all Collection Fees assessed by the Third Party Collection Agency. Pfeiffer University Bookstore will make reasonable efforts to process transactions in a timely manner. I agree not to hold Pfeiffer University Bookstore responsible in the event Pfeiffer University Bookstore does not credit or debit my credit or debit card for a period of time due to circumstances beyond its control. Pfeiffer University Bookstore makes no guarantees regarding the processing time for charges.
I agree, in order for Pfeiffer University Bookstore to service my account or to collect any amount I may owe, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Pfeiffer University Bookstore or a designated Third Party Collection Agency are authorized to (i) contact me by telephone at the telephone number(s) in the patron contact account information I am providing, including wireless telephone numbers, which could result in charges to me, (ii) contact me by sending text messages (message and data rates may apply) or emails, using any email address I provide and/or (iii) methods of contact may include using pre-recorded/artificial voice message and/or use of an automatic dialing device, as applicable. I also agree, if my rental is eligible to be returned to Pfeiffer University Bookstore, I will still be liable for a service fee assessed by the Third Party Collection Agency.
I have read this disclosure and agree that the Lender/Creditor may contact me as described above.